View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 03:27 AM   #34
Miles65

UPDATE: The first level is done. I have set the two second level risers, temporarily, for the entrance. This morning I'll set the top span between the two risers. Then, I'll hitch up my RV and attempt to back in, taking my time and checking for clearance. The top span sits at 13'. The specs for the 252RL tell me that the top of the AC is at 11'4", so I should be good. Pics attached. The Fernco coupling is my admission that I'm not perfect. (Surprise, surprise.) All of those "Hell, it's only off by 1/16" do add up, obviously, when you're joining a slew of pipes. (Yeah, I could have hard coupled those pipe ends, but I wanted to have the ability to tweak the coupling as I went along.) Makes me have even greater respect for the engineers and construction personnel who build our skyscrapers, bridges, etc. To be fair to me, I know there are work-arounds/ad hoc adjustments in mega-construction projects, too.

I guess this site is having problems, this morning. The attachments click-on doesn't activate. I'll try later on, today, and post some things I've learned over the last three days that'll make it easier for you to make one of these shelters, yourself, if you're so inclined.
Miles65 is offline   Reply With Quote