View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 05:33 PM   #23
Canonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northofu1 View Post
We are in the same boat as Rick. We start our maiden voyage to the NY side of the Thousand islands tomorrow morning. The one thing I need help with is the surge protector. I just want a good one, but not spend a ton of money. We are planning on buying it stateside as our prices in the great white north are crazy. Tips please?
TIA
So what are you really trying to protect your travel trailer against?
Surges happen from time to time so you want to make sure the TT's electrical isn't going to be damaged by a close lightning strike or transformer surge.
What we've found on those occasions we've stayed in an RV Park is reversed polarity and no ground. This has been almost every time we've used these types of parks. The basic model progressive has identified these faults each and every time and does all we need it to do performing flawlessly on multiple occasions.
It's unfortunate that many RV parks have a "handyman" who is responsible for general maintenance including the pedestal electrical, water system , bathroom plumbing etc, etc. Jack of all trades and master at none! As far as I know no one inspects RV parks for code compliance
Here's a link to some comparisons of portable and hardwired options:
http://www.progressiveindustries.net...ed-comparisons
Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_2790 - Version 2.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	285.5 KB
ID:	16517  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote