View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 12:55 PM   #11
Eric MP

Water Heater By Pass

Thanks to all that have supplied help regarding our water heater by pass hunt/stress.

The pic from Steve is good..........but, as the Suburban maintenance and repair link was correct in pointing out it could be behind the drawer. I found the by pass valve yesterday when I went on board and did another search. Course we are back and the slide is in so the drawer cannot be removed. I left the sink floor cabinet panel loose for further hunting. The valve is behind the drawer on our model. Not "on the back of the water heater" like the OM states.

It is and has been part of the idiocy from Saturday, last........ thinking switch rather than valve while being read to by my wife and daughter............Elvis was right.....it just don't get no better.

Whichever one it stands for.....that is PDI......I can only say that IF we were told of the by pass valve at all, it was during the first 5 minutes of the PDI and outside the unit at the exterior portion of the water heater. It was not mentioned, or, re-mentioned when we were inside where we would actually have access to the valve.
Eric MP is offline   Reply With Quote