View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 05:13 AM   #1
Eric MP

Exclamation Water Heater Not filling

We had our virgin voyage over the weekend in our Sprinter Campfire 27RL. Stayed close by. Can someone please list the reasons why our water heater is not filling? Our models owners manual (om), at the very least implies that the water heater would fill up unless we had the optional by-pass valve.

I got under the sink and looked for the "optional" by-pass valve which the OM said was "located on the backside of the water heater". Never found it "located on the backside of the water heater" Now I have seen a water heater repair guide from Suburban that indicates that the valve is in the water line, which could be here, there, or behind the drawers which are adjacent to the cabinet that accesses the "back of the water heater".

The om also said that using city water, "by passes the water tank and feeds the entire water system directly".

A YouTube video listed the water heater as a unit that would be filled up with the city water process of hooking up and turning it on.

Enjoyed the weekend overall..but am really ticked that a newbie may have to pay if mistakes are made while trying to fire up the water heater when referring to misleading and Really Vague (RV) OMs.....yes I did use Suburbans manual as well........ Which got us through the light off process but did not mention the by-pass valve whcih could not be found.
Eric MP is offline   Reply With Quote