View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 02:21 PM   #15
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Just went to spend a few days "out of town" to see some different scenery. We were in Carlsbad, NM. The oilfield and associated service businesses are just going crazy with traffic off the charts. Many of those vehicles are 1 ton duallies. Most have the flat work bed in the back with their welding equipment. Many of those guys love to "enhance" those trucks with big lifts, and my favorite.....the 18" megaphone exhaust sticking out that bumps the bottom of the bed and bounces off the pavement.... Like George it just seems like a good way to make a good truck look bad.

In the original picture did y'all check out that drrrooopppped hitch?? Looked like it might need a couple more bolts to keep it from shifting.....
Around my part of Texas you see most of the grocery getter 1/2 tons lifted with those stupid wheel offsets ensuring the sides of the beds on the trucks are full of stone chips/dents. I do especially hate the smoke stacks behind the cab. The trucks that use them seem to blow more black than trucks with a stock exhaust system. A pair of fuzzy dice is about as far as I go and I do have at least 3 seat covers on my bench seats; I am afraid to strip them off to look at the original seat as I suspect it ain't purdy. Guy I bought the truck from sold seat covers for a living and put good ones on but they are about shot. Maybe some saddle blanket type in my future.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote