View Single Post
Old 10-07-2021, 04:35 AM   #51
German Shepherd Guy

Just got back from large dog show. Did very well with two new pups. TWO MONTHS before we left the washing machine of twenty two years died (RIP). No problem says I to DW. Lets take the truck tomorrow and go to town to get a new one. Town for us is 65 miles away.Not a large town but big enough there are three places to buy an appliance from. First stop the Home Depot. Went in and there were lots of washing machines. We picked one out and the salesman said great and started writing up the paperwork. I said, "Where do you want me to pull the truck up to?" He said, "What are you talking about?" Turns out all those washing machines were just for looking at, not buying and taking home. Two months for a new one. I offered an extra $50 if he would sell me the floor model. No can do he says. Too bad I am not a rich man I would have found out just how long "no can do" would have stood in the face of $50 bills. Anyway I told him I had to have one that day and would go to his competitors. "Good Luck," is all he said. Same story at both competitors. We live too rural for laundry mats so was an adventure in cloths preservation to make it until the new machine arrived the day before we took off in the truck & TT for the dog shows. Love the new machine but really, I could have bought online from Amazon. Saved the 120 mile trip with the One Ton. What is the point of a store if they have no inventory? Our machine was made in a plant in Tennessee. Parts from everywhere. Told upfront to not expect it to last the twenty plus years the last one did.

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote