View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 11:28 AM   #26
Bandit12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Speaking of Keystone customer service
I'd like to throw in my two cents worth here about Keystone Customer service. We purchased our Cougar on our way home from vacation September 4th,last year, at a CW about 600 miles form home. We've had very few warranty issues I'd like to get addressed, but there is no way I'm dragging this trailer 600 miles back to Utah for warranty service from the selling dealership. So, I've been working with a local CW in Reno, NV, still 90 miles from home, but they have been very understanding and accommodating. They documented all my concerns when I took it in for the OTG recall and got Keystones repair authorization for each of them.I had an appointment to take the trailer in when we returned from our vacation this year at the end of July. Still within the 1 year warranty. We cut our vacation short due to our home being under evacuation warning from the Dixie fire. We kept the trailer packed and ready to roll at a moments notice if we got the order to go. I called CW in Reno and explained the situation to them and the agreed to move the service appointment out till early September, but still within the warranty period. Early September, Dixie fire was still not close to being contained, and at its closest uncontained fire line, within 5 miles of our home. I again contacted CW in Reno and they again agreed to move the service appointment to early October. Outside the warranty period. They suggested I contact Keystone, notify them what the situation is, why the trailer was not able to be repaired within the regular warranty period and confirm they will cover the warranty repairs. I contacted Keystone and the representative was very understanding, got my VIN and noted in their files what was going on. The fire is now completely contained in our county, all evacuation warning and orders for our county have been lifted, the trailer is mostly unpacked from being ready to evacuate and I think we'll be ready to take it in on the 4th of October. Hopefully I'll get in back within 3 weeks. I'd like to get out with it at least 1 or 2 more times before I have to winterize it.

I've heard so much negative about CW and some about Keystone customer service, but so far, my experience with the CW in Kaysville UT and Reno NV as well as directly with Keystone has been outstanding.
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote