View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 06:07 AM   #7
Campy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hblick48 View Post
That recall is for the Dometic 300 which is all plastic. OP noted that he has porcelain which means 310 or 320.

I have a 310 and was also had a leaky seal, thus would lose water. First, I got some of the grease specified by Dometic at a big box store. Wasn't 100% but better. Now, before I put it into storage between trips, I add some extra water to the bowl, and then pour in a little liquid RV holding tank valve lubricant. It sinks to the bottom of the bowl, and keeps the seal soft and pliable. Haven't had a problem since starting this routine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Do you move your foot from the pedal so the valve snaps shut or slowly release the pedal. Mine if you didn't let it snap shut it would leak.
Smearing some plumbers grease, found at most hardware stores, around the seal periodically also helps.
Got the plumbers grease under the sink with extra seals. I think I'm just going to replace it, clearly there is an issue as it has leaked the bowl dry ever since new. I think I'm going to try the newer version with the rimmed bowl and hope mine was just made wrong. Cant seem to find another brand that would be "better"??