Thread: generators
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #8
stlucia

Quote:
Originally Posted by E597283 View Post
How quiet is it...I was thinking of buying one and everybody talks about the Honda models
I had a smaller Champion generator and used it since 2006 several times, running it 2-3 days straight at a time, with no issues. That was paired with a travel trailer with 1 a/c. Now that we've upgraded our camper to a large 5th wheel with 2 a/c's, I also upgraded my generator to the Champion 7500. I understand that the Honda generators get great recommendations and they have a super low noise pollution, my father-in-law has one. Myself, I just can't justify the cost differential while both my wife and myself are still holding our full time jobs and raising two teenagers. I can't hear the generator running with the a/c on when I'm inside the RV. Of course, the only times I've used a generator camping one of two things were happening....1) we were secluded and by ourselves or 2) everyone else at the campsite was running generators also so, it sounded like a nascar track.

By the way, I handed my first champion generator over to my dad and I just talked to him the other day and that champion is still running strong.
stlucia is offline   Reply With Quote