View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 06:36 AM   #25
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Joe, please don't take thie as criticism but I have 2 suggestions for you. First get an electrician to install a 30 amp RV outlet before using the trailer. You are flirting with disaster by using an extension cord in-between a 15 amp outlet and the trailer.

Second suggestion, take this experience as a learning experience. Do some reading on basic electricity and basic electrical wiring. I recommend purchasing books, they typically go deeper provide more information.
I will 2nd this. If you don't understand when someone says "110" you really need to do some studying. I went to US Navy Electronic Tech school 50 years ago but a lot of that fine education has been lost to memory. I try not to get over my skis and will quickly refer to my 2 subject matter experts...my son, who is an Instrument & Control Tech and my son in law who is an Electrical Engineer with his PE and is working on his Master's EE degree.
When I get confused, which is getting more often, I don't hesitate to ask for help.
That said, I will run 50ft of extension cord (12/3 size) to charge my RV batteries. I will also run 1 15,000BTU A/C off a 20amp outlet with about a 25ft extension. Only issue I have is using an exterior outlet that is GFI, sometimes it works, most times not.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote