View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 03:54 PM   #5
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Shepherd Guy View Post
OK, Xrated: I reread the manual. It still was as clear as mud, but maybe Colorado River mud rather than Misouri River mud. Then I watched the U-tube videos and between the two it made some sense. I have always been a visual learner. I am now through with adjusting the #2 slide and am about to put all the fascia back. That got me to really looking at #1 slide and it too is out at the bottom. Soooo as soon as I get done replacing everything I will start tearing apart the fascia on #2. Thank you and Gobirds38. I am still not convinced I am doing just right but I am getting the job done.
Thanks again.
Oak
The German Shepherd Guy.
GSG .....you might want to kill me for telling you this now, especially if you have already put all the fascia back on.... If the adjusters on your doesn't have jamb nuts or any good way of locking them down after the adjustments you made, they will eventually get out of adjustment again. I'm terribly sorry I forgot to mention this early......I forgot all about it until just now. Anyway, if you don't, I would recommend that you buy enough 1/4-20 machine nuts so that you can add them on the adjuster rods. No need to make any additional adjustments, just spin the nut on and using two wrenches, jamb the new nut up to the old one to insure that your adjustment does not move. Get enough for both slides......16 minimum....and one more for the one you will drop and never find again (that's what I do). Again, sorry I didn't think of it earlier.

Make sure that you do leave enough "slack" in the cables so that the cable tension can be flexed up and down 5/8 to 3/4". This should always be measured when a slide is all the way in....or all the way out. When it's all the way in, the cable that you can see inside the RV will need that slack. When the slide is all the way out, the cables that you can see along side of the slide, outside the RV will need that slack....so it's aptly named a "give and take" system.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote