View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 03:49 AM   #4
wozzukes

Sorry to hear of your woes, but you are not alone! Let's see, here are some of the things we have had happen...

We were at one campground that was VERY wooded. It was a super nice place, but super tight to pull through. This was when we still had our old trailer, not sure we would make it through with the new 5ver! We were all packed up ready to leave and DH was taking the trailer down to the dump station while I walked the dog down there. When I got to the dump station I could see him staring at the side of the trailer. Then I saw it...the awning hanging off the side of the trailer. He clipped a tree and ripped the awning straight off. He was so fired up over it and I was the calm one for once saying that it was only the awning, it could be repaired, and it appeared that there was no other damage to the trailer. Then we start our journey home. Bam! Blew a tire on the trailer. No problem because we had not one, but two spares due to a tire issue we had on our previous trip. Get rolling again and another BOOM! ANOTHER tire blew! Now he was really fuming. We made it home without further incident, but it ended up being about a $1,000 in repairs trip! The tires looked like they were in fine condition, but the guy at the tire shop believed that the trailer sat for quite a while without being moved or jacked up causing weak spots in the steel (or whatever it is) belts inside since it appears those snapped causing the blows.

On another trip with that trailer we had to do some interesting maneuvering to get into the spot, and there was kind of a tight turn that had to be made while backing up. The wiring harness for the trailer got caught in the hitch and sliced it right in half. We then had to find a hardware store so we could splice all the wires back together. After that we learned to unplug before backing in!

The day we brought our brand new 5ver home we were about a half mile from our house. There is a sharp 90 degree curve in the road and there is a house that sits around that curve. They were having some work done, so there was a front loader sitting in the road that we couldn't see until we were half way around the curve. I was yelling "STOP! STOP!" but DH just kept on going. BOOM! Hit the bucket of the front loader which pierced a tire. Luckily that was all it did! We have bad luck with tires, lol!

On our trip a few weeks ago we got to the campground only to find there was a random pickup truck parked in our site. We had 3 sites reserved since friends were coming too, so we decided to just take one of theirs so we could get set up and get some food. DH started backing out of the site, but didn't quite back out far enough before cutting the turn, and completely drove over the wooden post with the site number on it. I was on the other side of the truck, so I didn't see it until I noticed the back tire of the truck going over it. From the middle of the front passenger side door all the way back to the rear rim of the truck there was a nice streak of paint. Luckily it all buffed out and there was no real damage to our also brand new truck!

I'm sure there are more things that I can't think of right now, but you are not alone alone in the mishaps! Happens to the best of us!