View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 09:03 AM   #1
Pjw73nh

2011 19 FBPR Bullet Premiere roof issue

Started my annual maintenance on my 2011 19' FBPR Keystone Bullet Premiere TT. While up on the roof sealing some questionable areas with self-leveling caulk, I found an 18" or so spot on the drivers side, above the slide where the underlayment material (or perhaps some kind of flashing) that wraps over the edge to the roof has "lifted". As it rounds over the edge of the side to the top, it has pulled the roofing material away from the underlayment. If I press down (as seen in the video) there appears to be solid material underneath the lifted area.

Pic and vid here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/65DtUXJQtpdcQQLw7

What is the best way to repair this? I was thinking perhaps a row of 4-6 short, stainless screws with either rubber washers, or stainless fender washers (or maybe both) then either topped with self leveling caulk, or perhaps a 4" x 24" strip of Eternabond roof repair material over the row of screws.

Being a Keystone forum, I was hoping someone here would know for certain what is under this roof area. I don't want to put holes in the material without KNOWING I'll anchor it to something solid.

Any thoughts, much appreciated. Thanks.
Pjw73nh is offline   Reply With Quote