Thread: Front Cap Leak
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 11:46 AM   #10
NorskeBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJdudette View Post
I've had my trailer a little over a year and discovered a leak in one of my closets. Thankfully the dealer got me in sort of quickly and found where the leak was coming from: front cap seals. The dealer is going to repair it and I asked them about Keystone covering it even though it's out of warranty and they told me it's been their experience that Keystone won't cover it. In my opinion those joint seals should last more than a year. I'm going to write a letter to Keystone, but I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears. Has anyone else experienced this? Any luck with Keystone?
Our last RV - A Thor industries RV - CrossRoads Cruiser Patriot - it had to be resealed - complete roof area. Got the same reply - that is the responsibility of the owner. Cost us $250.00. I had to have it done in order to maintain the 5 year structural warranty.

Most dealers will follow the warranty rules of the manufacture. They are not going to eat the costs.

After I took delivery of our Avalanche:
1. Sealed the front compartment (from inside and under the area)– appears that “water spray” must have entered the compartment at some time as it traveled down the road. Took 2 tubes of sealant.
2. Rear area of the refrigerator was not sealed like I have seen on other refrigerators. Sealed area and painted the wood for preservation.
3. Underside of RV - resealed areas sealed at the factory
4. Resealed a few areas on the front of the RV as needed
5. Resealed the water works area as needed
6. Resealed the propane bottle area as needed.

Thor products:
https://www.thorindustries.com/get-t...the-companies/

RV - 2017 Avalanche 320RS
TV - 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4
NorskeBob is offline   Reply With Quote