Thread: Front Cap Leak
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 08:26 AM   #9
Pizzafarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
The front cap leak on your "month old trailer" is not "routine maintenance" according to the Keystone Owner's Manual warranty explanation. It is clear in this quote that the "defective sealant" applied at the factory and delivered to you, did not meet the "Keystone workmanship expectation" It should have been repaired (in my opinion) under the terms of the warranty this soon after delivery. Five or six months after delivery, now that's a different situation and I wouldn't expect Keystone to continue to provide "maintenance" that far into your ownership. But "immediately after delivery? That should be on their dime not yours.

Here's the quote from the 2018 Owner's Manual: " “Defect” means the failure of the workmanship performed and/or materials used to conform with the design and manufacturing specifications and tolerances of Keystone. Defects are covered because Keystone is responsible; on the other hand, Keystone has no control over “damage” caused by such things as collision, misuse and lack of maintenance which occurs after the recreational vehicle is delivered to the owner."

It's clear, based on your explanation of the timing, that the RV was delivered to the owner with a defect". No "reasonable person" would conclude that a leak in a less than one month old vehicle is the owner's responsibility.

I'd urge you to contact Keystone Customer Service with the facts, dates, receipts where the dealer charged you for repairs and demand (in polite terms) that Keystone "make it right"....

I'd also consider the dealer's response as an indicator that they aren't "in your corner" and realize that you need to "cover your own butt" in every business transaction with this dealership. The old adage: "Do me once, shame on you, do me twice, shame on me" applies with any future business you do with that dealer.....
Thank you for summing this up so concisely. It's the same basic argument that I used but with no results. You are correct about the dealer; after this is resolved I won't be doing any more business with them. I guess I'll be contacting Keystone Customer Service as you advised.
Pizzafarmer is offline   Reply With Quote