View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 05:29 AM   #54
MrRobalo

Having worked for large boat manufacture ( of 2 different brands at the same facility) I can see how the process looks like it took so long to come about. I will be the first to admit things do make it out of the plant that should have not happen but due to human error things happen. Q C can only do so much and it is up to each employee to do there part to follow strict guidelines. However the first thing that can go wrong is a disgruntled employee and they know just how to do it without getting caught . We had 2 guys in lamination that were mad that they didn’t get a larger raise so they Sabotaged the stringers lamination schedule in the boat and glassed them down like they should so it looked by QC. However they didn’t wet out the fiberglass properly so it would fail when the customer used the boat in the ocean. It didn’t cause any life threatening problems but once I flew up there and drove the boat I could tell something was not right and had the dealer get it ready to come back to the plant. Long story short we cut the boat open and found the problem and had the 2 employees arrested. They admitted to doing it and to 2 more boats. ( witch were also removed from dealers stock ) We prosecutor them to the extent of the law ( they did prison time) as the bare boats alone that left the plant costed over $ 175,000.00. And took a additional 6 weeks to replace them to the dealers/ customers. We stripped what we could and bulldozed the rest of them ( on video to use in court ) These were a legitimate claim but for every one there were a dozen others that the customer just didn’t want that boat they bought for whatever reason. I flew out a many of time to inspect and drive the said boat (with a lawyer in tow) Most of the time the owners didn’t know how to properly handle the boat, overloaded it on one side , wife didn’t like it ( no head in it) too big for them to handle and I could go on. So you see the dealer is our eyes in the field and they too make mistakes rigging it properly and some just didn’t want to do warranty work as we didn’t pay full retail for them to repair it. I can just say I’m glad I was working there before the internet was in full stream.

The customer handled this situation very well and what he said was true and Keystone handled It too I’m sure as there warranty states and the steps were followed by the dealer as well. However all of our SETTLEMENTS Came with a clause forbidding the customer to permit any Disclosure of Confidential Settlement Materials and Negotiations .
And this is probably why he didn’t say anything first and just hope this doesn’t come back to bite him.
I’m very happy to hear he is now happy with his KEYSTONE.