View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 07:12 AM   #20
Kylemcmahon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
If it were my RV and it had any E rated tire on it and my weight was 10K or higher I’d have the highest load rating tire I could fit on the rig... Trailer King anything is just junk, as is Towmax...

A 14 ply G rated tire on proper wheels rated to handle max cold inflation would be best and safest bet...

And times might be changing but I will never tow my Alpine over 65 mph regardless of what the new tire ratings say..

It just pushing the edge of being safe and why all the hurry to get there quicker anyways...

And no I don’t run GY, Saliun, or Maxis... I run a G rated 14 ply Chinese tire sold by Les Schwab at 110 psi cold and tow with a peace of mind.

I agree with what you are saying about going to a g rated tire. I have a tt with a gvwr of 11000. It come with 15 inch wheels. My tire guy and I tried to fit 16 inch wheels with a proper size tire that is g rated. They would not fit. So please tell me where to find a g rated tire in size 225/75 r15. You will not find anything rated higher than a e rated in or around that size. There is not always an option to get a higher rated tire due to design of RV.
Kylemcmahon1 is offline   Reply With Quote