View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 01:51 PM   #1
flipazn

1st Timer Looking for Advice on WDH with a SUV

Hello. I'm looking for some advice here. I have a 2013 Lincoln Navigator with the HD Tow Package and I'm towing a 2014 Keystone Hideout 24BHWE. I just got back from our first weekend trip to San Diego (we live outside of Los Angeles), and I wanted to get some advice from you veterans. I had my TT weighed (all 4 tires, hitched, unhitched, etc.) through RV Weigh in Indio, CA and I'm attaching the PDF file that had my load info. I should clarify that my TT was not fully loaded when I weighed it (not ideal, I know, but what's done is done). I'm assuming that I will need to upgrade to a Weight Distribution Hitch for my upcoming trip to Yosemite over spring break (dry camping for a week). I guess my question is what WDH would best fit my needs. I understand that my trip to San Diego was easy in terms of terrain, conditions, etc., but I had absolutely no problem pulling the trailer. I have read so much information regarding SUV towing, that I am thoroughly confused at this point. The gentleman weighing my RV said that my current weights did not require me to get a WDH, but that it wouldn't be a bad idea once I started loading up the TT as well as the TV. I have a family of 6: Myself, my wife, and 4 young children which is the biggest reason I needed to have an SUV vs. a Truck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RV Weigh Edited.pdf (538.5 KB, 287 views)
flipazn is offline   Reply With Quote