Thread: Auto leveling
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 07:44 AM   #10
Canonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEHansen View Post
I really don't understand the logic in partially leveling the trailer before running the auto level. The only issue I've ever seen is when the jacks can't reach the ground enough and you get the out of stroke error. I always put blocks under the low edge of the trailer (depending on the direction of slope) and never have any issues. I would put blocks under all 4 jack, but I don't have enough

When the Lippert says start with a level site, they just mean you should not have a slope which causes the jack to run out of reach before the trailer is level. It does not mean you need to first level the trailer. Note that if you pull the trailer tires onto boards/blocks, you're only moving the jacks on that side further from the ground.

Out of stroke just means add more blocks under the low edge jacks
I guess after tinkering with trying to get the blocks just right after trying/failing to auto level, I just found it easier to "pre-level" the Cougar then use the auto level for the final fine tuning. Some sites have been "close enough" to level to start with, so no issue. Since we do a fair amount of dry camping in less than fully improved campsites, the pre-level method seems to work best for us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_8887.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	371.2 KB
ID:	39774  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote