View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 05:29 AM   #22
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
I guess I just don’t see a reason to fill the fresh tank if my other tanks are full, no where for it to go as I use it. I don’t like carrying water weight as it is, sure ain’t gonna carry more of it than I need to. Just a comment on the Jayco claim in the video (I didn’t watch it, just going off another comment) I’ve seen several RVs drop tanks while traveling. I added a piece of 1” angle iron bolted to the I beam frame under my tanks. I don’t trust the straps they use to hold them.
i may look at my straps one day..my wife’s cousin had a tank leak on a grand design momentum from traveling with full tanks..i emptied my gray and black tanks but kept water in my fresh tank for the trip home..fresh wasn’t completely full and i did empty once with a portable cart while staying at the campsite

i am just going to be aware of the extra weight going forward…we keep paddle boards and a kayak in our basement and a portable solar panel along with a bunch of other stuff so i can’t have extra water weight