View Single Post
Old 05-13-2022, 07:30 PM   #1
TimC

&@&$!&& auto level!!! (Again)

Hi all,

I’m back with more auto level issues on my Cougar 26RBS. One of the screws for the control panel came out of the wall and the panel tilted pretty badly to one side. This ended up causing the auto level to go haywire. It lifted the front very high and then when it was starting to lift the wheels off the ground with the rear jacks I aborted. Did some reading and sounds like the control pad itself must be what is used for detecting level.

I got the panel re-secured, but the next attempt was still lifting the front way too high so aborted that attempt as well. I’m guessing I need to do the zero point reset. The problem I’m running into is I can’t seem to get all jacks down. Right now I have 3 down but I keep getting an “excess twist” error on the right rear so I can’t get it to extend at all. On various attempts to manually level it was always a different jack that threw that error.

Wondering if anyone here has experienced this issue. If so, anyone have any tips for how to resolve this one?

I’ve only had one time so far with this camper where auto level worked without issue (other than every test run in the driveway… those always work fine). I’m sure I’ll get this system figured out eventually, but so far it’s been driving me nuts!

TimC is offline   Reply With Quote