View Single Post
Old 05-13-2022, 05:07 PM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

The "simple solution" to that is to take in what you are going to use (in the fresh water tank) and as you use it, it's transferred to the waste water tanks... There really shouldn't be any "extreme overweight by adding waste water" if the only water you have in the trailer is "just changing tanks"....

Now, if you're at a W&E site, it's easy to arrive with an empty FW tank, fill all the holding tanks and wind up "in a overweight status" but, just like flying an airplane or riding a motorcycle, situational awareness is vital... There really should be no "DUH, I didn't realize I was adding weight when filling my holding tanks"...

We routinely dry camp in remote areas. We go in "weighing close to GVWR" and we leave "lighter than we arrived". How? We leave the cans that food was in, we burn the firewood, we use some propane and we burn most of the paper products in the campfire. There's pit toilets, so we leave some extra weight there as well.... The only thing we add is several pounds of fish fillets or a couple of rabbits or birds in the freezer. Otherwise, we leave lighter even though the holding tanks are full.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote