View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 07:19 PM   #15
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
IH35 is under construction. It has been under construction since the road opened and is similarly an abomination. Going south out of San Antonio, really a nice ride but north through Austin? YUCK. I won't drive that road with my camper or on my bike. I take 281 north and then cut across somewhere if I have to go east.

When I was in Houston for medical stuff a couple years ago, I went across San Antonio on Hwy90 then over to Seguin on IH10 and then Hwy90 Alt to the South Main RV park where I had my camper for four months. It was a bumper pull and I took my GS1000G in the truck bed and rode it around. Houston drivers were aggressive during the day but at night, traffic laws (like lights and speed limits) were obviously suspended.

If going to Galveston, we take Alt90 to Hwy6 in Sugar Land. A bit of traffic there but not too bad.
Yeah 35 south out of San Antonio to Laredo is a nice ride. I did it every other week for a while until we had to start flying. Company policy, too many hours driving. I hated that.
I don't get out much after dark in Houston. Too easy for trouble to find you.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote