View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 03:40 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71 View Post
Thats a much better solution to those units that just plug into the pedestal, I could not find one that fully cuts the power in case of low voltage and spikes, most just contain MOV's to try to contain the spike and are usually shot once they encounter one. The Progressive Industries 50amp inline unit like you installed offers it all and has a great warranty to boot.

Plus I wont have to figure out a way to keep someone from walking away with the plug in unit or how to plug it in when the park has the socket installed in upside down.

Nice job of thinking outside the box WRVOND and thanks for sharing that. I never thought of unscrewing the panel and looking in to see what was there.

If you hit a snag trying to put your EMS inside I will just say that I've always used a portable and never had a soul, anywhere, look like they wanted to take it. I've also been in campsites with the plug upside down but that can be remedied easily (remove the cover and plug the cable in upside down or turn the receptacle to the correct orientation). Good luck on getting a new EMS; South Wire (Surge Guard), Progressive Industries and Hughes make some good units that shut down incoming power problems.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote