View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 08:29 AM   #4
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71 View Post
I would like to add an inline Progressive 50amp power monitor/surge protector unit. I know this will need to be mounted close to the power control center under the oven.

Don't know how much space is available under there, perhaps I can delete the lowest drawer directly to the right of the power/breaker center but that won't go over well with the wife.

I looked at the units that plug into the power pedestal then you plug into them but after looking into them carefully I found out they do not interrupt power like the internal progressive units do. I already lost my Dometic refrigerator control board at the Rincon Country West RV park in Tuscon AZ. We encountered a power surge that fried the refers control board plus popped the main circuit breaker in both my RV an a friends parked next door.

Apparently they had a vendor in the park working on the transformer that probably caused the problem they promptly denied. Needless to say they told me to pound sand, $180.00 bucks later we were back online.
So with that said, I had the progressive inline unit in my old RV and it always served me well cutting the power when things were bad. I will see if there is a way to install the unit in the Cougar. Anyone who has any insight on this please chime in.
Used a 50 amp PI EMS portable hanging from every pedestal we plugged into across this country with 3 different 5th wheels. Yes it would interrupt the power if necessary, same as the hardwired & saved us at least once that I know of for sure. I chose the portable as I knew we'd trade rvs so only had to buy it once, it never sprouted legs to walk away, I left it connected to the shore cord so it never got left behind. It would've been handy to have the remote display, but wasn't worth tossing out the one I had for the newer model.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote