View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 06:21 PM   #10
TimC

How much money are you willing to spend? If the main goal is just to run a cpap maybe just get a small inverter, wire it up to the batteries, and run an extension cord? Another thing I used to do was put my inverter in the pass through when I needed it, have wires run outside to plug into the battery, and then plug the shore power into the inverter. That’ll power all outlets, but you’ll still be limited by the size of the inverter and battery power you have. But could be an easy-ish way to do it if you only occasionally need it (you’ll still want to fuse the DC side even if you’re not going to have it permanently installed).

But, if you want to be able to run high draw appliances like a microwave and AC that can be done fairly easily. It’ll just take some money. I wanted my rig to cool down today while I loaded it up for this weekends trip so I ran my ac off my batteries for a few hours tonight. Brought it from 95 to 75 so I wouldn’t be sweating like crazy while putting things away in there. But, my setup has a lot of lithium battery power and a 3,000 watt inverter hardwired into my entire system. It was pretty expensive and a lot more involved than I think it would be worth for occasional cpap use. But, just know it is possible to run ac and microwaves off of battery power. Microwave quite easily to be honest, but even with my larger system I’m still quite limited on how long I could run the ac (9 to 10 hrs).

Maybe another option if it’s just about the cpap would be to get a 12v unit. I know nothing about cpaps but I thought I’ve seen something like that mentioned in a few posts here.

TimC is offline   Reply With Quote