View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 05:47 PM   #8
sahively

I'd look for a "pure sine wave" inverter in the 2000-2500 watt range. As others mentioned, don't bother trying an air conditioner but know that I do run my microwave for a couple minutes each night with mine (I gotta warm some corn or beans, man!). Mainly we use ours so we can have family movie night though. Pure sine wave inverters will cost you more but anything electronic you plug in will thank you. TV's are iffy on modified sine wave and microwaves run like pure garbage.

The tricky thing you'll need to consider though is "how" to wire it in. Many of us use a transfer switch either auto switches to inverter power when shore power isn't active or (as in my case) auto switches to inverter power whenever the inverter is turned on. Your comfort with electrical will dictate how crazy you want to get. Some folks simply wire the inverter to the battery and then plug their cpaps, etc right into the inverter. That's far simpler but then you're not powering any of your RV outlets (and you probably don't need 2000 watts then either).
sahively is offline   Reply With Quote