View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 04:18 AM   #10
kfp673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack F View Post
I am currently going through the same thing, all the skirting is damaged on mine, looks like a 7 year old siliconed it back together. Decals scratched, fiberglass cracked, rear wall bowed out, and more. I took many pictures, and talked with Keystone, they are waiting for the pictures and an estimate to repair from my dealer. They destroyed my trailer that I bought new in the fall of 2019, I am disgusted with them. Hopefully they will pay the dealer to make all the necessary repairs, but I think I am going to get out of that trailer after it is repaired, I do not trust the quality of what I can't see now. I have been working on documenting notes on the pictures for hours already, have well over 70 pictures. It's just a bad nightmare right now.
Ya, it's a mess for sure. I will say that I have had zero issues having anything I found covered. I take it back second week in May to continue with my list of repairs and suspect I will likely need one more visit after that. We took a week long trip last week which is the first time using it since the first round of dealer repairs. In general it was decent but we did find 4 or 5 more things to add to the list including a terrible job of sealing the back wall. The underside was left totally exposed meaning if you lay on the ground and look up at the back wall you can see the wood from the interior wall. No Darco or sealant etc.
My wife and I have had many discussions thinking the same as you about getting rid of the camper. Especially since every electrical wire and every piece of plumbing had to be cut and re-connected. If they did so poorly on the simple stuff, when will the important things start causing issues?? But, we have a loan on it and have only owned the unit 2 years so we would be VERY upside down I'm sure. And even if we owned it outright, not sure I could swallow taking a major loss.
Anyway, just my $.02. Good luck with the repairs! I suspect you will have no problem getting everything covered. Hopefully this flood of warranty claims around floor replacements will spark some internal change at Keystone. Highly unlikely but one can hope ;-)
kfp673 is offline   Reply With Quote