View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 06:41 AM   #9
skids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar Jim View Post
Matt...you were correct about the wire colors.

I first planned to replace just the wing on the old base but ended up replacing the old base. The wing fits into a socket in the base. The socket is only 3/8”x 1 1/4” and is held by two horizontal screws. The socket is in the rear with nothing in the front to secure the wing from lifting at highway speed. I feel the wing fluttered at speed and finally broke off.

Before we leave in April I need to find a way to secure the front of the wing to the base or to the roof. Right now I’m thinking of a plastic strap going from a screw mount in the rear of the base over the wing and secured to a screw mount in the front but I’m open for suggestions.

Those of you that have the wing antenna might think about doing the same.
I took mine apart a couple of days ago. I don’t recall the connecting section dimension as small as 3/8”. There is a horizontal raised tab to “lock” the front to the base. Mine had only two screws (on the back opposite to the tab in the front. Those screws are short pan-head type, about 3/8 to 1/2 inch long, and are tapered like wood screws. With the thickness of the outer plastic, there doesn’t seem to much screw left to find purchase into the base. I replaced the screws with longer ones. I hope it prevents the wing from flying away or beating the hell out of the roof membrane! My 2019 Bullet 248RKS was not in the list of trailers for the furrion recall - I don’t know why!