View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 07:56 AM   #43
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
A note on the "what fridges now" point- my Fuzion 429 came with a Norcold electric/propane switchable fridge, which is really big and pretty, and hopefully behaves as good as it looks. No ice maker though.

The half-wit dealer I bought it from included two little compact car batteries- one hooked to the 12v system, and one specifically to start the Cummins Onan generator. I would love to do the big battery and solar thing like you, but that stuff is so far over my head, I clearly have a lot of learning to do!
I only got one battery for everything the first trip to Quartzsite with the 311 and the smallest fifer toyhuler keystone made. I had to purchase a Champion 2000 generator. I carried that around for 2 years and worked very good , quite generator around 10 pm all generations off In all parks I visited. My rving buddy has solar and got me into it. I went on line researching solar equipment for RVs . I didn’t buy the most expensive around mid price and ended up with two 250 panels , 80 amp charger , 3000 watt inverter, three AGM 115 AH. I did all the work and design . I have it wired 2 breakers one for all the plugs and 1 breaker for the 3 amp refrigerator . I leave it on auto even with my small 3 amp frig my system is to small to run 24/7. I wired and 3 amp fuse directly to the battery the meter has volt ,amp and temp gage. I look at the meter while using the toaster and think O My!
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote