Thread: Enzyme poll
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 03:15 PM   #29
JRTJH
Site Team

If you go to the "happy camper" website and download the MSDS for their holding tank treatment, the MSDS says that the product is 100% "monohydrate". If you go to their description, they say the product is: "a stand alone monohydrate, a highly concentrated mineral blend that is activated with water. It contains live aerobic bacteria that break down waste and crowd out odor-producing bacteria." They go on to say that it: " breaks down waste within a few hours and decomposes regular 2-ply toilet tissue in a matter of minutes, so there's no need to buy special RV toilet tissue anymore. It also contains a lubricant that coats your fiberglass holding tank, stopping the build-up of minerals and contaminants." Consider that minerals aren't living things and bacteria is a "carbon based lifeform, not a mineral".....

While I'm not one to "disbelieve any marketing promises"...... I really would be concerned if a 100% organic breed of aerobic bacteria could consume toilet paper "in a matter of minutes".... Just think what those "hungry little buggers" could do to your arm or to the ground if you happen to spill some of it at the campsite or the dump station....

This is quite "melodramatic" but I can see the next sci-fi movie of the year: The Revenge of the killer Happy Camper Treatment".....

I know, I know, the above was typed "tongue in cheek" based on the "promises" on the HC website: http://1-happycamper.com/about.php

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote