Thread: Remote
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
Pmedic4

Universal Remotes

There is a keying procedure to identify your specific remote to your unit. I dropped mine and cracked the screen, so ordered a new one off the internet. It took about 1 minute to tie it my receiver, and then about another 1/2 hour to figure out how to put the rest of the functions to the right activity. You have to also set the "Extend" and "Retract", so it does the correct function when your done. Not hard, just time consuming.

The remote in mine has 8 functions, but my RV only has 5 things to control ( Main slide, bedroom slide, Landing Gear, Rear Stabilizer, and Awning), but it also controls the large Porch light. So, with the control panel having 2 or 3 more spare functions, I was trying to think of some 'fun' things to do. Some have a TV lift, others a Fireplace, and I kept thinking the best thing to have would be an remote sweeper to brush off the top of the slides, so I didn't have to climb up there and do it, until I get slideout toppers. FIgured the remote control sweeper would be more than the awnings however.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote