View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 09:15 AM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 Jet Mech View Post
Yeah they really aren’t designed to stop much past the bumper, or at that angle anyway (fender well mounted guards).

I had the rock tamers on my 2500. They are a hard, stiff plastic. Mine had 2 of the flaps break off after a year (warranty over) so I think I’m not going that route again. I’ve looked at a few online (or a lot) and I’m trying to find something more “rubber” or pliable. I know others who have the rock tamers and like them. Maybe I over bent mine on installing or removing.
BTW I didn’t get the night edition. All the 20’s were gone and all the 21’s are in transit. However it is black and has all the good “tow stuff “!! And the$$$ was way too good to pass.

Scott

I put a set of Husky Liner receiver mounted mudflaps on my last 3/4 ton and still have them - just moved them over to the 1 ton. Made out of very heavy rubber and work very well...look good to. I went on Amazon where I bought them several years ago but it appears they no longer offer them. I don't know if they have them anywhere else or if they are discontinued. I thought I was going to get Rock Tamers but a friend bought those and they looked very stout so got them instead.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote