View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 10:31 AM   #1
Patrick Smith

Mice entry point 2010 Cougar QB31

So I have been doing battle with mice for some time. Lately I have been focusing on entry points that allow mice to get into the under belly of the trailer. I noticed that there were the following entry points: two holes in the frame in front of rear bumper that were on the actual frame and looked like they went into the underbelly. I foamed up these holes. Then under the large slide out was a pipe looking item...I think it houses the drive train of slide out but not sure....but when slide out is out there is enough room around the pipe or drive train hole in the frame for the mice to enter the underbelly. Also under the large slide out, the two metal tracks go through the frame and there are tiny spaces at the frame holes that might allow a mice to penetrate the underbelly.
Once in the underbelly they come up under the bath tub where there is a large cutout for the trap that was never sealed...great huh? Also there are other holes where pipe or wires come up from the underbelly. I have closed up these entry points to the best of my ability. The one under the tub I haven't been able to close up completely because of lack of working space and access in spite of enlarging the access panel wall of the bath tub.
So I hope somebody else can confirm the openings in the frame as entry points and what techniques they used to seal them up. So if we could discuss the entry points it might be beneficial. I have researched the various other techniques for discouraging mice penetration.
Patrick Smith is offline   Reply With Quote