View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 01:36 PM   #76
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids View Post
Are you saying that because, in part, the area to be covered is more than 8"wide? I was wondering about the cut-outs for the tires because I have the split double axles. I don't think I have outriggers (fender struts?) in the affected area.

I am looking at other sheeting materials other than HDPE to maybe retrofitting something like you did John (since you said HDPE is no longer available where you got it.)
My wheelwells are 11" wide on the "slide side" (roadside) and 13" wide on the curb side of my trailer. A 8" steel trailer fender, even if there were no outriggers, would leave nearly 40% uncovered in one wheelwell and 35% uncovered on the other.

I haven't seen any Keystone trailer that doesn't have outriggers in the wheelwell area. I think if you take a look (rubberneck between the tires) you'll find one right there and likely several more along the space.

As for HDPE availability, I'm sure it's still available from other sources, but where I bought mine (Menard's) it's no longer listed on their website. I can't imagine too many people buying 4x8 sheets, especially in the winter, so I'd guess that with the 25 or 30 sheets they had on hand when I bought mine, there's probably some Menard's locations that still have it in stock. Heck, Lowe's has 1/8" fiberglass panels in the bathroom remodeling department, so there's quite a few different materials available. I'd suspect it's easy to find, just not on the Menard's website.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote