Thread: Snow Load
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 05:21 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

RV's around here that are parked outside typically accumulate 2-3 feet of snow pack on the roof. I haven't heard of or seen any that were damaged from that much snow... As stated, the plastic items on your roof will be extremely brittle at below freezing temperatures and subject to damage if "tapped a bit too hard" by a broom or even a snow brush.

Additionally, using a broom to pull the snow off the roof usually means it piles next to the trailer. After a couple of times pulling the snow off the roof, it's going to be difficult to get a ladder close enough to the trailer to climb up for the next round of snow removal....

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about removing the snow unless it gets deeper than 3 feet or so. You stand a good chance of causing more damage trying to keep the snow cleared off the roof than the snow would do if you just leave it alone.....

I can assure you that none of the RV dealerships pay to keep the roofs clear, so chances are good that if you bought in the spring, your RV has already had "experience in handling snow on the roof".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote