View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 09:35 AM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalwapiti View Post
Ordered a Prodigy, figured I saved $650 with the Equalizer WD and Sway bar setup he is giving me with the camper.

The trailer max is 8800, the trailer itself is 6200, the Tahoe rating is 8200.

Camper is basically empty and getting hauled to a resort for the year. If we like it we are prepared to step up in vehicles to pull it around..but my thinking is by the time I pull a camper across the territory I might as get a hotel, especially for the short trips we make and the company vehicle that is almost free for me to drive.

Thanks guys.

Getting the Prodigy is a good thing. The Equalizer is another good thing. Is it a 10k/1000 lb. bar unit?

Just towing it to a resort empty is probably going to be OK. If you start loading it up you might want to consider a different tow vehicle.

I stay in condos, motel/hotels etc. and I think you will find that the camper will give you everything you get in those PLUS the ability to be in all the places those kinds of facilities AREN'T. You can be as isolated, or swarmed, as you choose to be instead of being stuck with wherever you are. They enable you to stay longer, and live better, for less. I will say that until you are retired it may be much more difficult to justify some of the costs. Little brother just sold his new 5th wheel (2nd season) because he couldn't justify the expense (his rental space for the trailer doubled) and his limited ability to use it. See how it works, hopefully it turns out to be a good thing for you and your family. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote