View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 03:12 PM   #12
Miles65

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
As a tech currently employed in the RV industry, I respectfully disagree. ALL our customers sweat the warranty work, and weather it’s a very well to do person that bought a $400,000.00 motor home or a struggling couple that bought a $20,000.00 entry level unit, they all want verything to be perfect. As to the trading in/selling if it has issues, we have several customers that have brought their unit back several times for different issues and even paid out of pocket to fix simply because they can’t afford/ don’t want the cost of a new one. Maybe where you live it’s different, but that’s just my take on things from the inside, YMMV and yes I talk bad about the designers/engineers on a daily basis.
I am afraid you misunderstood my post, specifically my "don't sweat the warranty work" assertion. What I meant was that those who buy new know they have warranty coverage and are fine with that because it'll take care of problems they may find due to poor design issues, during the coverage period. In the case of the water supply inlet sited directly over a super heated air outlet, it is almost unbelievable that anyone would buy such an idiotically designed unit. I cannot conceive of a fix, so I'd demand my money back under a lemon law, if such relief is available to the buyer.
Miles65 is offline   Reply With Quote