Thread: "A new trailer"
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 04:14 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

It was the same with our Cougar. When we were notified by the dealer that it was going to be at the dealership "tomorrow afternoon", we drove up to see how it looked. On arrival, the delivery driver parked it, unhitched and took his battery out of the trailer. The dealer got the keys, unlocked the door and we went in. Everything was wrapped in plastic, the TV was in its box and the mattress was in a heavy plastic bag, sealed with a heat gun. There was "carpet runner" film on all the carpet and stickers on everything from the glass shower surround to each sink, the microwave door, the refrigerator shelves, etc.

It was obvious that nobody had been inside to "unpack/unload" anything.

Under the trailer appeared to be "like new" with no stains on the foam that had been sprayed around holes to seal the coroplast. There was no rust on anything (it left the assembly line on Tuesday, delivered Thursday afternoon, so it was "2 days old" with no time for rust to develop. I'd suspect that being towed from the factory to the dealership in Ontario would be a 2-3 day trip, so depending on how long it sat at the dealership before they notified you, it would be "a tough sell" to convince me that significant rust developed in a week or less. If it's a slight surface rust, that's possible, but heavy rust??? Not likely on a week old trailer.. Just my opinon, YMMV.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote