View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 09:28 PM   #29
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman301 View Post
We had the same situation when we upgraded from a 6,000 lb TT to a 14,000 Cougar and then thought I could tow it with a Ford F-250 SRW. We had tremendous bucking and chucking between the truck and the fifth wheel. I then went to this forum and realized I was over the cargo capacity of our truck. I was sick. I told the wife we either needed to sell our brand new fifth wheel and downsize or we needed a different truck. We traded up to a Ford F-350 Dually and towing the fifth wheel was a pleasure! The difference in the ride and handling was amazing. No bucking or chucking. The truck handled the big fifth wheel beautifully. I was then able to sleep again at night and enjoy our trips. It was tough realizing we needed to make a change, but once we decided and made the change we were both much much happier. Safety first.

Great post Wingman. Although I won't buy a dually you have stated exactly what every person I've known has said about upgrading and buying the proper size tow vehicle. Thanks.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote