Thread: Recent Trip
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 09:13 AM   #14
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofcy View Post
Your Walmart comment explains why you guys are doing so badly compared to us and many other countries. Good luck. Watch to see if you have a spike around early to mid June. If you do not the worst may be over, but if you do as I expect the worst is yet to come.

We have a thread related to Covid that this conversation would be more appropriate in but I will stray a bit to "orate" a tad about your comment.

As Danny (the other Danny ) mentioned, if you feel more comfortable wearing a mask everywhere you go then by all means do so. If one does not feel inclined to do that, then do that. The only reason the virus is the boogey man is hyper media and politics....period. Will the "numbers" get/seem worse going forward? Of course. It is to one party or the other's benefit to hype this to the end of the world, and drive those willing to follow each new days "fear factor". Let's look at some numbers (as I've said before, I believe in stats, not people trying to scare me for their own purposes):

As of May 11 the US had 24.66 deaths per 100,000 due to Covid. The death rate for cancer is 163.5. Rather enlightening? Do we hide everyday worrying about cancer? No. Why not? It's there; it can happen and will happen to someone, maybe you, maybe someone you know/love. Do we quit living because of it? No.

With Covid accounting for about 15% as many deaths as cancer I'm thinking I'm not going to stop living because I'm bombarded daily with the new "scare" of the day.

Now, back to our regular programming. Covid has its own thread for that conversation.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote