Thread: Recent Trip
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 07:47 AM   #12
sonofcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Just completed a trip from TX to FL and thought I would give a quick rundown of what we encountered as it relates to Covid.

The trip was uneventful, all gas stations open and fuel prices were decent (not elevated at all). We did encounter 2 locations (small, remote convenience stores) in FL that required you to have a mask on to enter. That has not been the case since at any location.

We had heard about, and been warned about, the FL state line roadblock on I10 and it is there. Slows you down a little but not a lot. They divert traffic into commercial traffic, RVs/Buses and cars/pickups with officers standing by the lane separations to guide you into the proper one. It is staffed by a combination of state troopers, local sheriff dept. and what looked like either national guard and/or some kind of medical personnel (EMS/EMT?). They ask one question and the response will either get you right out or send you to the...…"fill out the form, get a card/quarantine" line. They inquire if you have been in NY, CN, LA and one other hot spot I don't remember in the last 14 days. If no...go on your way, if yes, get diverted.

Other than that it was peaceful and quiet. Traffic may have been down a bit on I10 and I20 but not much. I will say that here in FL where we are the traffic is worse than I've ever seen (been coming to this location 8 years). I guess no one is working so they just wander around. Walmart is just as busy, if not moreso, than ever. They have a sign at the door recommending wearing a mask and 1/2 do, 1/2 don't. They did appear to be pretty well stocked.

All in all not a problem with travel any more than any previous trip other than the roadblock. DW now says she wants to head to the NE when we leave here next month. I told her that I doubt that would be the same kind of trip so...….
Your Walmart comment explains why you guys are doing so badly compared to us and many other countries. Good luck. Watch to see if you have a spike around early to mid June. If you do not the worst may be over, but if you do as I expect the worst is yet to come.
sonofcy is offline   Reply With Quote