View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 08:41 AM   #16
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggde View Post
Have any of you had any experience with a company by the name of ARP , they are an aftermarket company that apparently sells kits meant to improve the functions of the heat absorption refrigerators. I am considering one of their three blower kits for our failed 2019 model 2118 Norcold that has been scrutinized and tested in all manners known . their website www.ARPrv.com
Thank you in advance
Greggde
There are two "opposite and opposing" views on this "fix"....

First, your refrigerator is under warranty and Norcold/Keystone need to step up and fix it. There are hundreds, probably thousands of similar models with the same refrigerator that are working "flawlessly". Yours should too.

That said:

Adding aftermarket items to "get OEM performance standards" are sometimes successful, sometimes just a means to spend money and get nothing in return....

My view (for what it's worth) is that adding "aftermarket fixes" is a risky thing to do. First, it will likely void your OEM warranty, so once you drill the first hole or plug in the first extra wiring harness, you've taken Norcold out of the process. Second, often times aftermarket "fixes" work great for a few weeks, sometimes, only because the buyer is "hoping they work, so they see improvement" (then.....). Once the "fix kit" has been in the refrigerator for a year or so, what do you do when it breaks, that warranty is expired and you've voided the warranty with Norcold???

If it were me, I'd be "raising hell with Norcold, Keystone and my dealer, not jeopardizing my warranty with aftermarket fixes, no matter how tried and true they might be.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote