View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 09:15 AM   #12
More2See

2118 Norcold Double Door SS

I have read a couple of the treads and problems. I too have the double doors stainless fridge.

Common problems and solutions we have already taken.

1. As mentioned before the bar on the left door was sticking at the bottom when closing and preventing the right door from closing problem. This results in a large heat loss. Solution was to elongate the holes at move the bar up slightly and make sure there is no sticky residue as mentioned also.
2. The thermistor has failed twice now so we carry a spare. Also make sure the thermistor was installed on the correct fin at the top of the fridge and in the correct position and orientation. Half way down pointing down on the second fin from the right side. This is a common solution if the freezer is freezing and the fridge stays warm.
3. I installed a small fan at the bottom of the fridge powered off of the light input power so always on to move air around inside the fridge and prevent freezing.
4. Since we have a double vent on the outside make sure the two small fans on the back of the unit are working to blow up to vent air movement out the top.
5. When I removed the top vent outside I found some additional aluminum sheeting blocking about 50% of the vent. I removed this and the fridge operates much better.
6. You can enter the diagnostic mode by pressing the propane/electric button at the same time as pressing the heat setting button. Scroll to the third mode and this will show you the current temperature in the fridge.
More2See is offline   Reply With Quote