Thread: Tires
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 09:28 AM   #48
JRTJH
Site Team

Something I've commented on several times and will again:

You really have no idea what "care/use/misuse" your OEM tires had prior to the time you took delivery of your trailer. It could have been towed from the Oregon or Indiana factory on tires with 20PSI at 80MPH, sat on the dealers lot with a flat tire, moved from one location on the sales lot to another multiple times with that same tire pressure, maybe even for the entire year + that it sat at the dealership before you bought it and the service department aired up the tires for delivery....

This is just one example of "completely misused and abused tires" for which, as the owner, you have no idea of the history involved. OEM tires "should be a better fit with improved load safety margins" now that the new standards are being followed, but they still don't provide for misuse/mishandling that might have happened before you ever looked at the trailer.....

The only way to "know for sure" that YOUR current tires have never been abused is to start with a "known good set of tires"...

Before the arguments start, I know that "the dealer is responsible for....." and "Keystone should..." My point is "Do you know that occurred, not that it "SHOULD" have occurred?"

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote