Thread: Tires
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 07:51 PM   #18
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylemcmahon1 View Post
The strength of the tire has a lot more to do with construction than air pressure. I have had long discussions with a retired tire engineer from Michelin. He has been a part of designing tires from trucks to race car tires.
Also tire construction has more to do with pressure because if pressure was the man structure than heavy truck tires would have more than 130 psi. For that matter the tires on the crane I drive everywhere only take 105 psi and it is holding up 150,000 lbs.
You're getting outside the subject at hand, ST tires. Specifically, designated sizes. All ST225/75R15 LRE tires from any brand name manufacturer are designed and tested to conform to TRA standardization that insures, no matter what brand you select, will conform to a load inflation chart that provides specific load capacities (strength) at identical cold inflation pressures. Durability is not a factor in the TRA standardization process.

NOTE: I live 10 miles from Michelin of North America and talk with them - from time to time - face to face. They do not provide me with confidential information.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote