View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 04:13 AM   #8
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
My thinking is go with what get's the job done - probably overkill.

I use a 35 pint unit in our trailer and empty it every 2-3 days but on very humid days we'll empty it every day....and it collects a LOT - it's very effective. Auto shutoff when full - you want that. Mine has multiple speeds and we like that.

If you get the small ones you will either spend all your time emptying it or leave it turned off - I would personally get the bigger one. When in FL ours runs 24 hours a day unless we have a "dry" spell for some reason. Makes a huge difference in condensation - we have none.

Looks like your trailer is right at 31'. IMO I would go with a nice 30 pint - should cover the bases no matter where you are. I bought mine at Lowes. From what I can tell I wouldn't spend less than 150 or so; we paid about that around 4 years ago for ours, and it works like a champ. You want it to be efficient and effective. JMO/YMMV
X2
Ours has auto off when full, and you can select the humidity level you want, we stay in the 40% to 45% range. This way you don't need vents and windows open when it is cold and humid out side.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote