Thread: Generator
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 06:37 AM   #16
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraftee View Post
Actually, I did NOT use a 20% off coupon on the generator. I used one of their "Super Coupons" that was specific to that generator. However, I did err on the price. The Super Coupon was for $699 - not $649. So, I paid just under $750 for the genset with warranty. Still, I couldn't be happier with the setup.
And that's what is important, that you're happy with the purchase. I hope your experience with HF's generator line remains that way. Between coupons, super coupons, extremely small print and "legalese statements" in their extended warranty, it's difficult for the average customer to understand what they're buying and most rely on the cashier to explain the HF policy. Sometimes that's good information, sometimes, not so much.

As I previously stated, I'm a "HF customer" maybe even a "loyal HF fan". I've learned there's no "free lunch" in most any transaction and with HF, the small print that most of us can't even read because it's so small, is only the "first indicator" of how HF structures their business.

Again, I hope you never have problems with your generator and remain happy with the setup. Essentially, my comments were more directed toward those who are considering a Predator generator than those who already have them. The comments address what I think are "pitfalls" with the Predator line and HF's business practice. Hopefully, nobody will get "caught in a problem" but it's good to know, that if you do, where you stand with HF's policy and process. That's all I was trying to identify.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote