View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 06:17 PM   #5
BigTexRex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo57 View Post
You're right, we love the floor plan and once I get it all fixed up how we like it I'm sure it will be fine. A few bucks in materials and a little bit of time fixes all the little things for good and I'll never have to worry about them again.

I did find the pass through storage access doors leaked terribly. The rain would run in the top of the hinge and all around the frame where it was screwed in. I found a big puddle on the floor next to the bed one day. [emoji31] I think the water was running in through the screws around the frame but I've got everything sealed up now and just checked it out. Not a drop of water anywhere in this noreaster we are going through here in Connecticut.

I'll seal up the coroplast real good. It looks ok, not too many holes that I could find. But I'm going to seal up the holes in the floor as best I can because there doesn't appear to be any insulation in the underbelly. Not sure how the heat ducting works under there, it's supposed to be heated.

Also check out the AC unit and ducts. When I popped the filter cover off the AC the wiring was a mess and the junction box mounted in the air intake wasn't screwed down so it was flopping all around. Also checked out the air flow at the outlets for the AC and found they had left the cutout where they had cut through the ductwork in the ceiling. It was blocking one of the outlets over the fridge.

Just a lot of little things that bother me but I'm almost done cleaning up the mess. Can't wait for spring time. Going to be heading to Maine for the summer season as a volunteer at a state park there again. Last time I did it was a few years ago and our trailer was much smaller and quite cozy so it will be nice to have the new trailer and much more room!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I checked above the A/C filter and everything looked good, but I did notice something in one of the ducted vents. I assume those vent covers just pop off?

The heat for the belly comes from a 2 inch duct directly off the heater. You might want to pull the panel off from under the fridge to take a look at the ducting. I had one of the hoses crimped in another RV we owned and no heat was going into the belly.
BigTexRex is offline   Reply With Quote