View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 08:07 AM   #33
JRTJH
Site Team

I remember years ago I ordered a new 1975 Blazer Cheyenne package without A/C (budget constraints) in July. Back then, the order books were closed in early August and the new year models were introduced the first week of September. Well, in early August my Blazer arrived WITH air conditioning. I refused it and wanted them to reorder. The dealer refused to order me a 75 model (books were closed) and refused to look outside the Denver area for a comparable truck. They said, "Happy to order you a 76 model, it's $900 more than the same 75 model."

Chevy wouldn't budge, there were no comparable Cheyenne packaged Blazers available around the Denver area and I was told "Either take it or leave it"... I left it and that's part of why I buy Fords now....

To compare, Keystone (actually all manufacturers) have a "disclaimer" on every pamphlet that says they "reserve the right to make changes without notice".... If they do make a change then it's up to the customer to decide whether to accept the change or not.

I'd think, (just my opinion) that if the "reserved changes" are not acceptable to the customer, the dealer should allow the customer to refuse the deal and refund all money. That's very likely the extent of "customer insistence" in a situation like this. It's "get your money back and begin the search again" to find an acceptable model from either Keystone or another manufacturer.

I wouldn't think there is a "part of any legal and binding contract" that would require Keystone to build a "custom RV" because a dealer made a promise that he couldn't keep.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote